Castle Season 6 is officially here! We were all thrilled last night to see Beckett say YES…both to Castle’s proposal and her exciting job offer in DC. There is so much to discuss after last night’s riveting season premiere! We sincerely hope you join us tonight at 9pm ET/6pm PT to share your thoughts the engagement, the new DC crew, the gang at the 12th, and that unexpected cliffhanger.
So, for those of you who want to gather your thoughts ahead of time or are too shy to call in but would like to add your two cents to the conversation, here are tonight’s discussion questions!
1) So, Beckett’s in DC. Castle is in NYC…and they’re engaged! What did you think of the balance they’ve established? What challenges do you foresee this physical separation causing in the coming episodes?
2) Now that you’ve seen her in action, what are your thoughts about Beckett as a Federal agent?
3) We got our first glimpse of the DC team last night. What do you think so far and what are you hoping to see more of in the next few episodes?
4) There is just so much to discuss following last night’s episode that I feel like we can’t cover it all. So, let’s open up the discussion: what are your “miscellaneous” thoughts regarding “Valkyrie”?
Now that you’ve seen her in action, what are your thoughts about Beckett as a Federal agent? I love that she’s challenging herself after being pretty much the top cop, highest closing rate, the one everyone else aspired to be… to be the newbie and dealing with failures and the learning curve! Kate is not used to failing professionally, so it’s kind of cool that we’re seeing her successful in relationship (which was her normal place to fail) and seeing her not miss perfect in her career… it’s fun and it’s something new… kind of amazing that after 5 seasons the powers that be can keep us so engaged (no pun intended) and bring us something new!
4) There is just so much to discuss following last night’s episode that I feel like we can’t cover it all. So, let’s open up the discussion: what are your “miscellaneous” thoughts regarding “Valkyrie”? Loved so many things about this episode… all of the subtleties, both rings around her neck… the OH God in the bathroom… the wink on her way out the door leaving with McCord, her bringing him coffee, the fact that it harkened back to the first episode with him back in interrogation… the completely comfortable “I love you” s The looks between them, especially at the golf course (so cute & funny)… the apology to the monitor feed of castle left to sweat in interrogation. The hint of how the red wine makes her feel… with the tongue thing (which reminds me of the skinny dipping scene in Murder He Wrote and the Ice Cube scene in Scared to Death… her calling him babe so naturally… there is so much that I loved about this episode… my only criticism would be that the whole Pi thing seems forced, like they needed a reason to bring drama for Castle and Alexis, but I like it more natural and organic rather than having Alexis do something completely out of character..